Tips to Keep From Having Problems While in the Suboxone Treatment Program
- Don’t take your entire month’s supply of Suboxone with you to work, shopping, vacation or any other outing.
- Don’t let other people know you are taking Suboxone. People steal medications like this.
- Don’t put you mediation in a bathroom that guests have access to in your home. Some people will look through the medicine cabinet while in the bathroom and take your medication.
- If you have other people who live in the home with you who abuse drugs, you may want to get a lock box for your medications and wear the key around your neck just as a soldier wears dog tags-never taking them off.
- Don’t leave our medication in your vehicle.
- Have a system where you mark off when you use your medication. This will help prevent you from forgetting that you have already taken a dose and accidentally take more.
- Try to take your Suboxone in the same place each day. This way you can keep a zip top baggie to store your empty wrappers. You could write with a marker on the outside of the storage bag how many film wrappers should be in the bag at the end of the month so you can count before your visit to make sure you have all your empty wrappers and unused films.
- Take your medication as prescribed, no more than you are supposed to and no less than you are supposed to.
- Keep your appointments.